PATTI VAZ DIAS
Patti is one of our latest contributors to our zine. Her work is featured in our last issue number 10 called 'YOU'. She is also our first contributor from Amsterdam, Netherlands.
The art work featured in 'YOU' is a self portrait called "Mijn Tuin," which means "My Garden."
She feels this art work (as shown on the right) fits nicely with the concept of 'YOU' because not only does enjoy her 'vermin infested front garden,' but it gives her great pleasure to know it annoys her neighbours who are 'very intolerant arses'.
The art work is a pen ink drawing with some watercolours.
We were really intrigued with her art work so we decided to ask her some more questions..
- How and when did you get into art?
- What would you say influences your work?
- How would you describe your style?
In short, I denounce being part of the -art is for the elite- trend but I dedicate my self to depict recognisable emotional work and painstakingly try to become technically perfect.
- What's your working process like?
- What materials do you work with?
- What kinds of themes are running through your art?
- Where can we see more of your work?
And at my studio after an appointment!!