Some ideas to get you started –
• Omens: Black cats, superstitious stories, breaking a mirror while walking under a ladder.
• Signatures: Send us a picture of an autographed body part, a graffiti tag (no HAHA, everyone’s seen it) or just your own groovy calligraphy.
• Sign language: get together with your friends and bust out some AUSLAN skillisms.
• Street Signs: Amusing signs. Like, in England, I saw one that said ‘stop cock.’ Bonus points for anyone who comes up with a plausible explanation of this.
• Symbols: In case you’ve just discovered some sort of groundbreaking theory... something about ‘e’ equalling ‘m’ something. Mathematical signs, Caution!- Chernobyl signs, or something else clever that we haven’t thought of because the division of labour is the cornerstone of society.
• Star signs: Because if astrology is good enough for Nancy Reagan, it’s good enough for us.
Here are some things to keep in mind -
1. The issue is themed 'Signs'; therefore, all entries must somehow relate to that theme. It can be anything to do with signs (see above suggestions), but don't limit yourself to similar ideas to ours- be creative!
2. Along with your submission, please send us your postal address so we can send a (free!) copy of the zine, along with your published work.
3. Also, make sure you tell us how you want to sign your work- with your full name, a pseudonym, a tag, a small picture of a mouse, just make sure you tell us how to let others know that it's your work
4. All submissions will be printed on A5 black-and-white pages, so if you're submitting an image it won’t hurt to think about its going to look in black-and-white.
5. Unfortunately, we can’t always guarantee that your all your work will make it into the final product, especially if you submit multiple entries- however, don't get disheartened, we encourage you to try again next edition (who knows, you might see your work on the JTAY interweb page...)
Everyone at Just To Annoy You.
Final Contribution Date - 19th November